VACANCY: NATIONAL KEY EXPERT ON COMPONENT 2 JUDICIARY
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Description of Expertise Mission
The National Key Expert will support the Component Lead in the organization, coordination, steering, and implementation of Project activities by providing substantive support and guidance to short-term and mid-term external experts, ensuring quality of component-related outputs, ensuring smooth coordination with external stakeholders and beneficiaries and troubleshooting problems, and ensuring coordination with and initial support to the Field Project Officer designated to the Component. The National Key Expert on Judiciary Reform is specifically responsible for activities falling under O2.1 (Selection and vetting process for judges and members of judiciary governance bodies, as well a system of administration of justice) and O2.2 (Model courts with user-oriented services and security processes) of the Project workplan.
Qualifications and Experience:
Law, economic or political science degree from accredited school in Ukraine or abroad; advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in the relevant field, in the private or public sector, preferably related to the judiciary
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework in the areas relevant for the component's activities;
- Demonstrated experience in project implementation, including experience in and / or knowledge of technical assistance projects funded by the European Union or other international donors.
- A high degree of initiative and diplomacy and the ability to solve complex problems in coordination with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Ukrainian.
- Concern for quality – meets commitments and observes deadlines, while ensuring quality, efficiency and thoroughness in work, demonstrates a meticulous approach with an eye for detail and precision
- Result orientation – drives himself/herself and others to achieve a project-defied objectives, adapts and orients methods and procedures of Project work with the aim of getting the defined results
- Learning and development – recognizes own strengths and weaknesses, accepts the feedback of the Project management, and takes appropriate action, seeks out learning opportunities and incorporates them into action
- Adaptability – works effectively in a constantly changing environment and within a variety of dynamic work situations, adjusts own work plans, activities, or actions to meet priorities
- Vision and strategic insight – shows the ability to develop a vision and translate it into concrete strategies and policies; takes time to think ahead and identify long-term trends and developments in current events; identifies clearly day-to-day and longer-term priorities of project implementation
- Ability to work in a team.
Key Expert Inputs
The National Key Expert will, in close co-operation with the component Lead and in accordance with EU and Expertise France procedures, guidelines and rules, and with a concern for quality, efficiency, accuracy and confidentiality, ensure the following expert inputs:
- Draft and edit reports, analytical notes, policy papers and other written outputs/deliverables in English and Ukrainian;
- Liaise with Project beneficiaries and other stakeholders with regard to the implementation of the Project activities, ensure circulation of information among project partners and beneficiaries with respect to component deliverables;
- Contribute to the communication and visibility of the Project;
- Design and oversee the implementation of STEM missions, ensure quality control of deliverable, guide in public communication with respect to Component activities (written articles, interviews, project events);
- Design and oversee the implementation of events, ensure quality control of experts contributions;
- Support the planning, organisation, co-ordination, implementation and monitoring of the activities in accordance with the Project Work Plan and Description of the Action;
- Support reporting to EF and EUD on the results achieved by the Component;
- Participate at Project events, trainings, and meetings as an expert and secure internal and external follow-up;
- Support the Field Project Officer in the development of TORs.
The National Key Expert works within a Component Team and alongside an FPO based in the Purchasing Unit. The Component team and FPO roles and responsibilities are divided as outlined below:
Deliverables and Verification of Services
Expert will submit monthly reports to the Project Manager and Country Manager covering services performed and key outputs achieved during the period, relating to the workplan lines enumerated above.
Modality and Start Date
Start date: As soon as possible. Successful candidate will be hired on a service contract (FOP registration required).
Deadline for application: 29/10/2022
Please, send your CV and motivation letter in English to the email email@example.com